Registration for the 2017/2018 school year will begin in February.
Students must reside with their parents or legal guardian. (To register as an international student, visit studyinburnaby.ca.)
Students register at the school within the designated attendance area where the student ordinarily resides or make application to attend another school or educational program within the district. (see student transfers below) The school locator can help you determine the attendance area your address is associated with.
Parents or guardians must accompany their child to the registration appointment and bring the following original documentation:
1) Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
2) Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order). Note that a notarized custodial guardian appointment is not the same as a guardianship order granted by the courts
3) Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)
4) Proof of residency of the parent or guardian and student. This must include two items, at least one being from Category A below:
Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident
Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s licence, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards
5) Immunization records
6) A completed Student Information Form
7) A completed Burnaby School District Medical Information Form
Note: Severe Health Concerns require additional forms. These can be obtained from the school that you are applying to attend.
8) Copy of the student’s most recent school marks (including summer school), such as:
a) an official copy of marks from the student’s Permanent Record Card; or
b) the student’s most recent report card; or
c) a transcript of academic record; or
d) a transfer form with marks
9) An emergency telephone contact number of a local person who is available during school hours
10) The name and telephone number of the family doctor or medical clinic
If any of the above documents are in a language other than English, an official translated version is required
For complete registration information, please visit http://sd41.bc.ca/schools/registration/process.htm