This year we had 9 performances:
A Tae Kwon Do demonstration, 3 piano performances, 1 flute duet, 2 singers, 1 dancer and a singing performance with the student playing the guitar. The students showed enthusiasm, courage and amazing ability.
Thank you performers for an entertaining afternoon. Thanks also to our teachers who supported this event in organizing, setting up, watching the auditions and audio visual support. They were: Ms. Frank, Mrs. MacDonald, Ms. Chapman, Ms. VanEssen, Ms. Thiessen, Ms. Brnjac and Mr. Nielsen.
A special thanks to our audio visual student crew for helping to make the event run smoothly.
BC Lions players presented Windsor School students with energy information. We learned what energy is, what we do with it and how to conserve it! It was a dynamic presentation. Ask your child what they learned.
The Blues Berries performed at Windsor today. They taught us about Jazz music, had us sing along, and of course we listened to them perform. It was an afternoon of new learning in a fun environment.Listen to some jazz music with your children.
Kindergarten Registration 2017/2018
Kindergarten registration begins on February 1, 2017 for children born in 2012. Please come to the office between 9:30-11:30am or 1 – 2:45pm to register, and bring the following documents:
- Your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Your child’s CareCard(personal health number)
- Proof of guardianship(parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student(Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card).
- Proof of residency of the parent or guardian and student. This must include the following, with the parent’s name and current address
- One of these items:proof of ownership of dwelling; long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident.
- and one of these items: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, BC driver’s licence, BC registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.
Two of these items: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident.
- Immunization records
- A completed “updated” 2017 Student Information Form (also available at the school office) (old registration forms cannot be accepted).
- A completed Burnaby School District Medical Information Form (also available at the school office).
Shawn Pettipas, Senior Manager, BCAA Community Impact has officially given our school a cheque for $20,000 towards our intermediate playground needs. We have purchased a merry go round spinner and climber. It will be installed in the summer of this year. Thank you BCAA!